Treatment of alopecia in women
Alopecia is a problem that, alas, faces both men and women. For the latter, hair loss is a serious moral test. Due to hair loss, women become insecure, suffer from neurosis and depression. What are the causes of female alopecia, can it be prevented and cured? You can find this out only by consulting the professionals of Pravilnaia Kosmetologiia (Proper Cosmetology), who know what to do and what diagnostic and treatment methods to use to help the patient.
Causes of hair loss
Alopecia is caused by the impaired development or death of hair follicles. Losing up to 120 hair pieces daily is considered normal but if its much higher and new hair does not grow, you should be sounding the alarm. Although, having crossed the 40-year mark, about 38% of women note their hair is no longer as thick and voluminous as before; often alopecia in women is an external manifestation of functional failures of certain internal organs or body systems.
There are several causes but basically alopecia is provoked by hormonal imbalances. In addition, it is caused by frequent stress, insufficient vitamins and minerals, head injuries, exposure to radiation and toxic substances.
Treatment of hair loss in women is a task that requires a special approach and depends on the doctor’s skills. The cost of such treatment is due to several factors, and the cause of the disease is one of them. However, your trichologist will tell you the price of hair restoration procedures during your visit.
Forms of alopecia
The effectiveness of the prescribed treatment will depend on the form of female alopecia you have to deal with. The disease is classified based on its causes and signs. Forms of alopecia by causes are as follows:
- Androgenetic. The most common type, diagnosed in 20% of women. Androgenetic alopecia in women occurs due to atrophy of the follicles and deterioration of the hair under the influence of hormones. Androgenetic alopecia is caused by hormonal imbalance, polycystic disease, and ovarian hyperplasia. It is characterized by hair loss in the area of the central parting.
- Seborrheic alopecia is directly related to seborrhea, a disease accompanied by excessive oiliness of the scalp, flaking, and itching.
- Symptomatic alopecia due to a particular disease. Stress and past infections can also cause hair loss, which does not appear immediately but after 3-4 months.
- Toxic alopecia is caused by exposure to toxic substances and certain drugs.
- Cicatricial alopecia occurs at the site of injury, frostbite, burns, where a scar is formed, which has no hair follicles.
Alopecia by forms of hair loss:
Diffuse alopecia, which is more typical for women. Hair is thinning, lost evenly, without any foci of baldness.
Diffuse alopecia may be the result of:
- frequent stress, depression, lack of sleep;
- malnutrition, diets;
- surgical operations, anemia, gastrointestinal diseases.
It also develops as a result of irradiation, treatment of oncological diseases with chemotherapy and after poisoning with toxic substances.
Alopecia areata, which is characterized by hair loss in small rounded foci. In the absence of treatment of alopecia areata, foci of alopecia on the temples, over time, merge with the occipital and parietal foci into one vast area. The development of alopecia areata is most often associated with poor immunity due to chronic diseases, infections, acute respiratory viral infections, and endocrine disorders.
Total alopecia develops quickly. Areas of hair loss: all over the body.
If alopecia occurs on the back or another part of the head, do not panic but visit a trichologist as soon as possible. Specialists of Pravilnaia Kosmetologiia (Proper Cosmetology) will help to figure out the cause, examine the hair shaft under a microscope and prescribe a series of tests that will help determine the cause and type of the disease. After examining the results, the doctor determines whether alopecia is an independent disease or a symptom of some other condition that requires treatment.
Effective hair loss treatments
The treatment of alopecia can be started only after finding its cause. A huge number of patients of Pravilnaia Kosmetologiia (Proper Cosmetology) have already managed to stop loosing hair under the strict guidance of leading specialists in Kharkiv. By eliminating the harmful factors that provoked hair loss and undergoing a course of treatment, many can boast of results they did not even expect to have.
In addition to numerous cosmetic products (shampoos, masks, serums) that help strengthen hair and improve blood circulation in the scalp, the specialists of Pravilnaia Kosmetologiia (Proper Cosmetology) use diet therapy and highly effective cosmetic treatments:
- Mesotherapy, which stimulates the growth of hair follicles. Injections of vitamins, minerals, and hyaluronic acid prevent hair loss and improve the quality and structure of the hair.
- Placenta-based treatment that can stop hair loss and improve hair growth. It gives the hair a healthy shine, has a beneficial effect on the condition of the scalp, and stimulates rapid hair growth.
- Hair plasmolifting accelerates intracellular metabolism, nourishes the bulbs. Plasma therapy stops the process of dying of hair follicles, promotes the growth and restoration of hair structure. All this makes the treatment popular among women.
Hair loss treatment in Kharkiv
Trichologists of Vladislava Donchenko's Pravilnaia Kosmetologiia (Proper Cosmetology) can help women to deal with such a serious problem as hair loss. They are alive to the importance of an attractive appearance for women, which determines their self-esteem, so they make all reasonable efforts to solve the problem of hair loss. Pravilnaia Kosmetologiia (Proper Cosmetology) offers its patients the best specialists, the latest techniques and equipment, an individual approach. Entrust to professionals, make an appointment with a trichologist and the spectacular effect of the treatment will not be long in coming!